Most of the time we come across NRIs who are unaware of the number of rights that they possess back in their country. And one of the major reasons behind such issue is their inaccessibilty to best lawyers in india.
A good guidance to NRIs can not only help them to understand their legally enforced rights in matters related to property, taxation, immigration, banking, family, child custody, transfer of property and others. But also help them manage these legal disputes in India effectively and efficiently.
In fact, with the amplification of MNC’s and FDI’s there has also been a constant increase in the need for best legal services. Hence, there are explicit agencies in India who render to the needs of NRIs only.
How can lawyers in India help NRIs- Services offered
NRIs are Indian citizens even though they reside outside the country. They have the same assistances as all Indian Citizens barring a few exceptions. Here is a list of all the best NRI legal services under Indian Judicial System.
- Legal aid in queries related to Indian citizenship & visa services. These also include assistance in the application and filing of Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) cards, visa of partner, fiancée, business visa and all other visa services
- Business incorporation documentation (written statement/ reply/ affidavits), establishment of venture, liaison & branch office, and obtaining a variety of licenses and registrations
- Advisory/opinions on issues relating to RBI, SEBI, and FEMA
- Custody for property & assets, divorce, adoption child custody and paternity matters
- Marriage associated assistance such as solemnization and registration as has been made mandatory now
- Divorce proceedings counting drafting and representation before the concerned courts and appeals arising thereof. Drafting of petitions involving to judicial separation, restitution of conjugal rights, partition of property and further representations
- Drafting of wills, power of attorney, trust deed, successions certificate, title search and representations before all judicial establishment and forums & commissions in the nation
- Resolution of cases appearing out of domestic violence and dowry harassment
A few more services offered
- Keeping a record and drafting of inheritance, wills and succession. Structuring of cross border transaction.
- Formation of taxation of India entry and exit strategy, transfer pricing matters and structuring investments by tax friendly jurisdictions. Issues involving to Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement, representation before tax authorities, Income Tax Appellate Tribunal, High Courts and Supreme Court
- Advisory on ancestral real estate & inheritance, sale & purchase of real estate and other assets
- Representation of clients in various courts in relation with legal disputes /cases
- Formation of identity proofs like Pan Card, Adhar Card etc
- Legally looking into the landlord tenant disputes
- Representation in Criminal Matters /Complaints /Bails/Appeals in India
- Advisory on Immigration and citizenship concerns
Important aspects to count while hiring Top NRI lawyers in India
- Ensure that the location of the law firm is apt and completely secure.
- Have a proper interaction with the lawyer taking the case and ensure that he/she provides you with all the legal updates.
- Ensure the reviews through verified and trustworthy sources so as to choose according to the requirement.
- Because of inconvenience caused by location, make sure that the particular lawyer can make arrangements of negotiating through online mode and not always require the physical presence to record statements.
- Ensure a prerequisite meeting session before finalizing any agreement.
- While interaction, the lawyer should communicate all the possible ways to handle the case; be it legally or out of the court case.
- Ensure that after you finalize an apt law firm, only the most appropriate lawyer according to the demand is taking the case. For this to happen, acquire the knowledge of the lawyer’s expertise.
- Also, there should be an apt focus on the fee the firm charges.
Top NRI Immigration lawyers in India
The Immigration benefits at the major International Airports in India and the Foreigners’ registration work in five major cities, are handled by the Bureau of Immigration.
The field officers in charge of immigration and registration movements at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Amritsar are called Foreigners Regional Registration Officers (FRROs). Along with the FRROs who look after the immigration/registration functions in the above mentioned five cities, the concerned Districts Superintendents of Police also works as Foreigners Registration Officers (FROs) in all the states in the country.
All foreigners counting foreigners of Indian origin visiting India on long term (more than 180 days) Student visa (including those coming for study of Yoga, Vedic Culture, Indian system of dance and Music), Research Visa, Employment Visa, Medical, Medical Attendant and Missionary Visa will be required to acquire themselves registered with concerned Registration Officer within 14 days of his/her first arrival, irrespective of the period of their stay.
Foreigners visiting India for other activities of long term visa including business/Entry visa would not entail registration with the concerned FRROs/FROs if duration of his/her stay does not surpass 180 days on a single visit. In scenario a foreigner intends to stay for more than 180 days on a single visit he should get himself registered well before the termination of 180 days.
Top NRI divorce lawyers in India
Services offered by lawyers specializing in this field of family disputes involve-
- Drafting and filing divorce proceedings by extremely qualified and expert lawyers
- For inducting and contesting maintenance affairs before the Family Courts, Criminal Courts or Tribunals
- Handling Indian Family Lawyer Domestic Violence Act cases by expert, Hindu Marriage Act cases of divorce or Special Marriage Act cases in relation with divorce
- Legal services for all kinds of Alimony matters
- Handling of Restitution of Conjugal Rights issues before the Family Courts
Best lawyers in India for Property related issues
Services offered by lawyers specializing in this field of property related disputes involve-
- Legal advice or online legal advice by specialists in the field of property laws
- Title Documentation in property law for all kinds of title documents or deeds
- Handling of civil and criminal suits related to property laws
- Drafting, filing and defending the case for partition, specific performance and related concerns or for recovery of possession
- Online Legal guidance related to FDI in real estate.
- Legal services in relation with project consultancy for real estate projects, housing projects, townships, housing societies
Best lawyers in India for Banking and Taxation Law Services
Services offered by lawyers specializing in banking and taxation related disputes involve-
- All services of banking decrees by expert Banking lawyer
- Recovery of loan services
- A lawyer for all types of matter like cheque bouncing matters, recovery of loan and many more
- Legal advice on restricting of bank loans, pre-closure of loan and related issues and OD restrictions
- Legal advice and all services in relation with Income Tax
- Handling GST and other indirect tax matters
Indian Lawyers for other important Issues
- Legal Outsourcing Services by a skilled team
- Para Legal Services for PMO, documentation and all other allied services
- Litigation Support services for preparation and management of court cases.
- Technological Legal Services associated to legal compliance and legal audit of assignments.
- Environmental law services for Consent to function, Consent to institute and all other related services
- Land Revenue and Labour law services
FAQs for NRIs
Legal services involve quick and direct legal advice through e-mail on various legal issues by highly qualified legal experts. It also includes video conferencing, teleconferencing or even personal conferencing on nominal charges. On-call legal advice and online legal drafting/ vetting of documents, deeds or petitions are also counted in its advantages as they are cost and time efficient as well.
Drafting of all kinds of legal documents by legal experts and vetting of legal papers, formats or declarations by a team of experts is done. They also register legal documents in the country.
All NRIs who have any complaint against an entity or an authority in India can propose a petition detailing their grievances to the Consular Wing which is then transferred to the suitable authority in India for redressal.